Today, Smartphone becomes a part of our daily life because the convenience of it brings to us on this modern age. It also is the first thing we touch when we wake up and start our day. Moreover, The benefit of using alarm, calendar and GPS are so important to us. However the Advantages of smart phones also come with disadvantage on the other side. The list below will give you ideas about this debate.
Advantages and benefit of smartphone bring to our modern life.
- Smart phone has same ability as computer to help us search for information on website anytime and anywhere.
- Many apps can be installed to help our works, business and daily life. Especially, most computer functions now also have apps for smartphone like Microsoft office, PDF etc.
- GPS which can help you locate places that are new to you. For travelling, GPS is your tour navigable.
- With fitness tracker, smartphone likes our personal health consultant. You could check your activity, calories consumption daily to maintain a good health.
- Entertainment, you can easy find funny videos, listen to music or play your favourite game on smartphone.
- Smartphone is a memory keeper, with cameras can help you take picture and video of any event.
- Your banking is now connected with the phone, you could easy make payment anywhere without cash or card. You don’t have to worry if you forget wallet at home.
Importantly, the main job of smartphone is a contact device to help you keep in touch with friends, family and works. Sending photos, video to our friend and family from anywhere at anytime. You could also invest smartphone gadgets accessories to gain new experience on your smartphone.
Anything can change, because the smartphone revolution is still in the early stagesTim Cook
Disadvantages of smartphone in today
Smartphone may be very expensive to buy compared to other phones. Some people have to stick with 2 years plan repayment to have a smartphone.
It is also not very durable, when you drop it the screen will be scratch and damage. On the other hand, the cost of new screen replacement is nearly the cost of purchasing new phone.
Some of the new smartphone cans track and store your personal activity. They would send your personal information for third party without your approved.
You become dependent on it. For example, some people could not get up and go to work on time without alarm. GPS is become so easy to use and someone may not pay attention to remember the road anymore. More and more young people addicted to social media like facebook, Instagram, tiktok, youtube etc.
As a result, social and communication in real life skill would be affected if everyone keeps spend most of the time on their smartphone.
We could not deny all the benefit of smartphone brings to our life. Importantly, Balancing between good and bad is also depended on how we use it.